sometime in your life you might have encountered something utterly replusive, yet somewhat flattering. Though in my case i find it totally nonsensical and downright disgraceful.
I was minding my own business when one of my better friends sent a message online asking if i had been in contact with A, a long forgotten primary school guy (5 years to be exact). 'No' was my obvious reply.
Now, A was a rather interesting fellow in a weird way... let's say that he is not on the slim and healthy side, and that he's not popular with us (yes, i considered myself an elitist). We didn't talk much (not at all unless it was unavoidable) as he didn't make much of a good impression in me (don't do sports, don't go out, results average...). There was just a sligh glitch - he had a teeny crush on me which i promptly dismissed as infactuation then.
Well then, i thought that was that (thank god i got into another secondary school). There was zero contact. I am happy with that =), until the day after i got nominated for some school belle competition (don't ask how it was possible) and got a photospread on a secondary school newpaper. And the funny scenario unfolded:
A's younger SISTER smsed me commenting about the news. I, on the other hand, asked her who she was. Then a few minutes later, A smsed me and started off with the same comments - "wow you are a national shooter now? wow you looked great yadda yadda...." I thanked him and asked which school did he go to (just being polite) and if he was coping well with the upcoming 'o' levels (polite again). He started raving about his life and how he just broke up with his sweetheart (good for her.). I just read and replied: nvm, there's always another chance. (cliché). He immediately asked: R u free sometime nxt wk? Maybe we can go out 4 coffee?
Me: Haha, sorry, i don't think so. I hav training almost everday and i don't think there's any time spare for my personal leisure.
A: Oh ok, maybe another time when you are free?
I didn't reply him. (I will make sure i am busy!)
End of our brief encounter.
NOW a few days ago, my better friend had somehow managed to access to his blog (friendster) and read a particular extract from him, and this was how he painted our sms scenario:
After i broke up with (his ex.), it reminded me of how i once dated (me.). But it didn't last as she eventually chose rifle over me. Oh how i wished that i could go back in time again.
Well excuse me you self-delusion, desperate fellow! I didn't even MEET you face to face, much less (and to my disgust) dated you!!!! I don't even KNOW how you look like now! (though i have a faint idea if you are still on your no-sports regime). And from his various posts which would have at LEAST one girl's name (and a brief so-call fling) as your main content, i have therefore concluded that you have condemmed every poor girl out there, who had probably pitied you in someway and SPOKE to you, as your many girlfriends! That is one imaginative mind you have there! No one in their uprighteous mind would stoop as low as you, and that's what made me despise you. Secondly, you can jolly well be happy that i had posted your silly, fictatious plot of our wonderful time together (Or should i just keep that to you?), as i don't think you are even worth my time here now.
i don't forgive and forget, i get even. you are soooo lucky i don't know where are you now.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment