Sunday, January 07, 2007

reading frenzy.

What can i say? I am proud of being a vorocious reader when it comes to that. For many months i have been deprived of reading what i fancy due to the A's... i am free now! =)
I begin my conquest straight after returning from europe:

neil gaiman's Fragile Things, which consisted of many dark yet eerily charming short stories. I adored his twist of Sherlock Homles as well as the prequel to American Gods, where Shadow got himself into another fix with men and monsters.

mitch albom's Five People You Meet in Heaven. Drove me to tears it did.

terry pratchett's Lords and Ladies as well as The Reaper Man. the former gave a new twist to shakespear's midsummer's night dream while the latter mused about the departure of Death himself. I am starting to adore pratchett's works and his interesing renditions to how our world works.

aldous huxley's Brave New World... which i shivered at the truth it brought forth.

jacqueline carey's Kushiel's Scion Trilogy. Consisting of Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen and Kushiel's Avatar, it followed the story of Phedre no Delaunay, a courtesan well know for deriving her pleasures from pain, her country Terre d'Ange, and the intricate relationships which binds everyone together. Love as thou wilt was the simple rule in which its people lived by... sigh, i can abide by it. =) This particular trilogy took me one month to complete, but it was worth every single minute. Do i dare read it again? Oh much more... i am gonna BUY it. (thank you sean for lending them to me)

What am i reading now? Glen Duncan's I, Lucifer (courtesy of sean again). He's funny alright.. Lucifer i mean.

Well, all books? Not really, there's manga as well. I took in Trinity Blood's 6th volume (with *gasp* Hugue in thefront cover!!!) as well as the New Petshop of Horrors first 2 volumes. Adding to that, one graphic novel from neil gaiman's The Sandman series, The Season of Mist (again with our dear Lucifer in it).

What am i lusting after: The Time Traveller's Wife as well as Lolita. buy/beg/borrow/steal them for me.

Haha, kino must be making a hell load of money from me. I don't do libraries.

No comments: